Shelterdeparture Owwa (Nov) Find Out The Details Here! >> This article tells you about an agency under DOLE that offers many beneficial services. Please check the details now.
If you’re a Filipino working abroad in a foreign country, then you must have heard of the OWWA and its services like Shelterdeparture Owwa. If you’re not a member of this committee, then it can prove beneficial to join it.
To know more about OWWA, please keep reading. This agency has many beneficial services for the Philippines‘ citizens working abroad and the people who are dependent on them.
What is OWWA?
OWWA or Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is an agency in the Philippines associated with the DOLE, or Department of Labor and Employment. The primary goal of this agency is to ensure the welfare of Filipino citizens working abroad. It also has to promote their families’ well-being, whether they’re in the home country or a foreign land.
It offers many beneficial services to such citizens. It works in nearly 27 countries and has 31 overseas posts.
Benefits of OWWA
The OWWA has many advantages, like Shelterdeparture Owwa. Some of them are given below:
- When a citizen is going abroad for work for the first time, the agency tells them about the foreign countries’ experiences.
- Pre-departure, on-site, and arrival are the three stages of its services.
- They give all the crucial information about working overseas.
- If the worker is not fluent in the language of the country they’ll be working in, OWWA offers simple language assistance.
- It also ensures that the workers don’t encounter any problems with their employers.
- When the workers return from abroad, OWWA makes programs to reintegrate them into society.
- One of this agency’s primary purposes is to ensure that the citizens of its country never face hardships and ensure that their rights are respected in foreign countries.
How can you be a member of OWWA?
This agency offers many services to its members, like Shelterdeparture Owwa. To become a member, you need to follow the steps given below:
- The agency is not free, and you have to pay a membership fee to join it.
- The fee isn’t expensive at $25 only.
- The membership is valid for two years.
- You can become a member voluntarily by filling the form via email.
- You can also choose to become a member when you contract is enrolled at the POEA.
It’s become quite common for the citizens of one country to work in another. There are many reasons people take a job in a foreign country, like salary, career prospects, and a better working environment. Working in a foreign country can be a little complicated as you’re new to the country.
If you’re from the Philippines, the OWWA has you covered. They offer many services and benefits to people working abroad and their families, like Shelterdeparture Owwa. Whether you’re moving to another country for a job or coming back to yours after working in another, they’ll assist you everywhere. Their membership fee is also affordable.
Let us know what you think about this agency in the comments section below.