Face masks are our first line of defense while we face this ongoing pandemic. As there’s no guaranteed cure for this disease, the only way to keep ourselves safe is by following the government’s health safety guidelines, which include social distancing and wearing face masks. Recently, the Winnipeg Mask Mandatory event gained a lot of popularity. Due to the sudden rise in daily cases, face masks are now mandatory in the area.
The event has gained a significant amount of media attention in Canada. We’re going to disclose all the relevant and crucial information about this event. If you want to know more about it, please keep reading the article.
What is the Winnipeg Mask Mandate?
After the spread of the Coronavirus in the area, wearing face masks was made compulsory in the Winnipeg district of Canada. Masks are now crucial in public places and outdoors.
The sudden increase in the daily cases of the Coronavirus is responsible for the Winnipeg Mask Mandatory. It will help lower the spread of infection as face masks are a proven method for the same.
Highlights of Winnipeg Mask Mandate
After the increase in the Coronavirus cases and the increment in the rate of the infection, the Winnipeg Mask Mandatory was enacted. Some of the highlights are:
- Winnipeg, a metropolitan area, along with the surrounding municipalities, has been declared Code Orange.
- As per the guidelines for Orange Code areas, restrictions will be enforced to stop the spread of the infection.
- As part of the restrictions, it’s now necessary to wear face masks at all times in the public.
- These events took place after 44 new cases were reported in Winnipeg on Friday.
- The infection spread further on Saturday, as 56 cases were reported.
- On Sunday, 51 cases were again reported, which was a matter of concern, and led to these events.
- The restrictions will remain in action for four weeks, including the major holidays.
How have people reacted to it?
The reaction to this mandate is mixed. Although people have accepted the regulations and even deemed it necessary, they weren’t pleased with how it would affect their daily lives and businesses. Restaurants will operate in lower capacity during this period, which will result in the owners facing huge losses. Several prominent personalities in the area have suffered massive losses in their business due to the Coronavirus’s impact.
A few municipalities like Selkirk were opposed to being labeled an orange code zone. The mayor claimed that their community isn’t like others and shouldn’t be labeled orange code.
We cannot put enough emphasis on the necessity of wearing face masks in the current situation. If people become aware and wear face masks outdoors without any mandate, the spread of infection will lower significantly. With the Winnipeg Mask Mandatory implementation, the rate of infection of the virus will likely lower down.
Please let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.