Big data-as-a-service is a cloud database as a service. The company stores, modifies and manages data on a cloud platform without creating its own infrastructure. You don’t need to install and maintain a database management system yourself. It is created on cloud resources, and you get it on request. Using big data services, you are engaged in the development of projects, and the provider takes over the routine of maintenance and ensuring stable operation of the system. Cloud databases are immediately ready to work and protected from cyber threats, so there is no risk of losing important corporate data.
How does the DBaaS system work?
To get the necessary data, you form a query and get the necessary information from the entire data array. The database can be saved, modified, or combined with other databases.
DBaaS technology allows you to automatically scale resources without additional purchase of servers. You get a turnkey database management system and spend as much resources as you need to solve your tasks.
In beeline cloud, you can combine DBaaS with the necessary IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services and build a personal IT infrastructure.
- Reduces costs. Big data analytics services allows an organization to work with databases without creating a local infrastructure.
- Easy scalability. You can increase the resources used depending on your needs.
- A comprehensive solution. In beeline cloud, you can combine DBaaS with the necessary IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services and build a personal IT infrastructure.
- Safety. The data is encrypted using the TLS protocol and GPG technology. Data security complies with the GDPR regulations, ISO and PCI DSS industry standards.
What tasks does DBaaS solve?
- Quickly deploy the database. A fault-tolerant DBaaS production database can be deployed in 5 minutes and scaled in a few clicks.
- Optimize the work of the technical department. Administrators concentrate more on business tasks and projects and are not distracted by the routine of maintaining the database.
- Provide data storage. Data security complies with the GDPR regulations, ISO and PCI DSS industry standards.
- Data availability from anywhere in the world. You can work with DBaaS cloud technologies at any time, from any geographical point.
Some tips how to make the best choice among providers
Below we list the main aspects that everyone should pay attention to when choosing a specific BDaaS provider for their own business:
- It’s necessary to find out whether a particular provider gives low or even zero initial price. I must say that many modern providers offer their customers a free trial version of the program, so theoretically everyone may see their results before they spend their money.
- Is it now being used in my sector? If you’re paying for project planning advice and support, as well as for data placement and analysis, find out if your supplier has experience supporting needed business cases as well as your customers.
- Is it suitable for the needs of your organization? Big Database-as-a-service is particularly suitable for strategies involving the analysis of very large, cluttered and unstructured datasets. In addition, external vendors will need to transfer a lot of data, which can lead to security and compliance issues.
- It’s also necessary to know whether a particular provider offers online analysis and feedback/ The most exciting and useful big data projects to date give an idea of what’s happening these days, and not just last week, which means that, if necessary, you can take action, not just learn lessons.
- Is it managed or self-service? Most of them offer a combination of both approaches, while some specialists of big data consulting services work behind the scenes to serve you as efficiently as possible. But the level of support and recommendations included in your package may vary.